Issuance of Protected Animal Permit/Second Schedule Animals
How to access this service
The application procedure is as follows:
- Collect an application form from the following stations:
- Forestry – Sangre Grande
- Wildlife Section – St. Joseph
- Forestry South office
- Forestry Head office – St. James
- Forestry, Rio Claro
- Fill out the form in duplicate and it must be stamped by one of the office staff, where you the applicant leaves with a copy.
- The Game Wardens will call the applicant to arrange a site visit, where they will assess if the protected animal or second schedule animals are domesticated
- If the surroundings are conducive for keeping the animal, i.e. the cage size/ habitat and the sanitary conditions, persons ability to offer adequate care.
- The location of the animals e.g. Parrots/ Macaws, their noise level would not be a burden to neighbours.
- Once all the standards are met a permit will be granted from the date the application is approved, this is valid until the December 31st of that year.
- State how was protected animal acquired lawfully.