Central Administrative Unit (CAU)
The Central Administrative Unit supervises the following Departments/Units:
- Property Management Unit;
- Security; and
- Praedial Larceny Squad.
The Core Functions of the CAU are to:
- Prepare Cabinet and Ministerial Notes and follow-up action on decisions taken;
- Prepare responses to Parliamentary Questions and coordinate and prepares Annual Reports for Joint Select Committee of Parliament and for submission to Cabinet
- Provide administrative support to the Office of the Permanent Secretary and other Divisions of the Ministry;
- Follow up on all Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Ombudsman matters;
- Maintain liaison with Regional and International Organizations/Bodies, Institutions and other functional area with respect to Meetings/Conferences/Workshops;
- Procure and maintain inventory records of stock, supplies, equipment and machinery;
- Maintain buildings and vehicles of the Ministry;
- Manage file movements in and out of Registry; and
- Manage receipt and filing of correspondence and general maintenance of files.