Sustainable management of the nation's forests while enhancing the quality of human life
Goals of the Division
The Forestry Division is to sustainably manage the nation’s forests to ensure that they are abundant, ecologically healthy, biologically diverse and contribute to the wellbeing of all people and to the national economy in current and future generations.
We are a professional organization committed to national development and working together to sustainably conserve and enhance our forests which impact every facet of national life and are one of our most valuable resources.
The goal of the Forestry Division is to sustainably manage the forest resources of Trinidad and Tobago and to provide for the social, economic, ecological, cultural, and spiritual needs of present and future generations; contribute to the sustainable development of the country; enhance the quality of human life while at the same time protecting biological diversity and ecological processes.
- Bulk Sales Process for Clearfell and Thinnings
- Exhibition by Forestry Information Unit
- Issuance of Minor Forest Produce Licence
- Issuance of Private Removal Permit
- Issuance of Protected Animal Permit/Second Schedule Animals
- Issuance of Sawmill License
- Issuance of Special Game Licence
- Permit to Export Wild Flora and Fauna
- Permit to Import Wild Flora and Fauna
- Permit to keep specified birds listed under Part III of the Second Schedule
- Permits to keep protected animals
- Sale of Seedlings
- Sale of State Game Licence
- Maintain national parks
- Library services on forests and forests related topics
- Education and awareness programs and provide technical assistance
- Offer incentive programs and advice to private forestry farmers