To provide the Ministry of Food Production, with high quality professional legal advice and support on all aspects of the Ministry’s activities where required.
Goals and Objectives
Our objective is to provide legal advice and support to the Ministry in furtherance of its mandate and to protect the Ministry from liability. In this regard the Legal Unit sees as its key responsibilities the following:
- To conduct legal research and provide legal advice and support to the Minister, Permanent Secretary, and Directors in relation to their functions and responsibilities.
- To advise on regional and international agreements and treaties.
- To draft, review and interpret contracts, memoranda of understanding, licences, leases and other legal instruments to be entered into by the Ministry.
- To attend court and Disciplinary Tribunal hearings on behalf of the Ministry.
- To review legislation in furtherance of the Ministry’s legislative agenda.
- To assist in the formulation of Ministry policy.