Praedial Larceny Squad
The Praedial Larceny Squad (PLS) was established in November 2013, the PLS of the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries is charged with the responsibility to reduce the incidence of praedial larceny in the country through the implementation of various interdiction and suppression strategies including patrols, surveillance, arrests and prosecutions.
Officers attached to the PLS perform regular foot and mobile patrols within farming communities and markets, investigate reports and incidents of praedial larceny, interacts regularly with farmers and agricultural stakeholders and provide them with assistance and direction in respect to praedial larceny and participate in programmes and scheduled activities aimed at praedial larceny awareness.
Members of the public (inclusive of farmers and agricultural stakeholders) can contact the PLS at any of the following District Offices:
- Director P.L.S., Superintendent, Mr. Murchisson Alexis: 729-2006
- Administrative Office, El Carmen: 669-3566
- Northern Division Station, El Carmen: 703-0881
- Eastern Division Station, El Carmen: 743-3453
- Central Division Station, El Carmen: 703-0888
- Southern Division Station, Princes Town: 665-9893