The Engineering Unit is based at the St Patrick East Agricultural Station. The unit is responsible for the following activities:
- To ensure that channels are cleared using both mechanical and manual labour to allow for adequate drainage of farm lands.
- To implement water management activities by clearing channels to allow for adequate drainage.
- Provision and maintenance of Office and Other Facilities for the Division.
- Maintenance and repair of the Division fleet of vehicles and equipment.
- Maintenance of the verges on Access roads within State land blocks.
- To formally address farmers concerns re; Engineering related matters made at the County offices.