Entry on the Record of Trinidad and Tobago Fishing Vessels of commercial vessel intending to fish/fishing on the high seas

Persons intending to use a commercial fishing vessel on the high seas should obtain provisional approval from the Fisheries Division prior to registering the vessel with the Maritime Services Division, Ministry of Works and Transport.

How to access this service

Applicants will be required to submit documentation relating to the fishing operations, vessel specifications, owner, among other things.


Note that all vessels intending to fish/fishing on the high seas must be registered by the Maritime Services Division.



1-2 weeks

Sign up for updates

Be in the know. Receive email notifications on the activities of the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries.

New to our website?

We’ve grouped information on our website under helpful categories to make your experience easier.