27th February, 2023
The Public is hereby notified of the closure of the 2022-2023 Hunting Season according to the Conservation of Wildlife Act (67:01).
Please be aware of the following:
- Hunting activity of game animals must be ceased on all lands of Trinidad and Tobago by February 28th, 2023.
- Persons have until March 31st, 2023, to dispose of Game Animal carcasses (or any part thereof) from their property and or their possession.
- Holders of State Game Licence (Hunting Permits) purchased for the 2022-2023 Hunting Season must complete and submit the Mandatory Data Return Forms on or before May 31st, 2023. Failure to comply may result in a summary conviction of Two thousand- five hundred Dollars (TT$2,500.00)per data form.
- Members of the public are kindly asked to refrain from hunting during the closed season as perpetrators will incur a fine of One Hundred Thousand Dollars (TT$100,000.00)as amended by Legal Notice 275 of 2020.
Mandatory Data Forms can be submitted to any of the following stations:
- District Revenue Office, Tunapuna
- Forestry Office, Rio Claro
- District Revenue Office, Chaguanas
- Forestry Division, Long Circular Road, St. James
- Forestry Division, Balisier Avenue, Pleasantville, San Fernando
- Forestry Division, Sangre Grande
- District Revenue Office, Sangster Hill, Scarborough, Tobago
- Inland Revenue Office, Roxborough, Tobago
Conservator of Forests/ Chief Game Warden