September 15th, 2023:- Citizens are hereby notified that the sale of State Game Licenses will commence as of Monday 18th September 2023. The hunting season officially opens in Trinidad and Tobago from 1st October 2023 to 29th February 2024. During the month of March, 2024, the listed Game Species are removed from the schedule and HUNTING is PROHIBITED. All State Game Licences (SGL) are TT$100.00 per Game Specie and there is a limit of three (3) State Game Licences per hunter.
In order to ensure that there are no violations of the Conservation of Wild Life Act (COWA), all hunters are asked to familiarize themselves with (COWA) Chapter 67:01 and to please be aware of the following:
- All State Game Licences (SGL) according to the (COWA) Chapter 67:01, enable hunters/licensees to hunt the game species specified on their respective licence on State Lands and Forest Reserves.
- All hunting and or possession of Iguana (Iguana iguana) is prohibited during the months of January, February and March. The fine for which is Ten Thousand Dollars (TT$10,000.00). Hunting of the Lizard Species Iguana ends on December 31st, 2023. Similarly, hunting of lizards are NOT permitted within the municipal boundaries of the city of Port of Spain. (Legal notice No. 281 of 2019) and (Regulations (6) (1) (c) and (7) (1A).
- Persons have until March 31st, 2024 to dispose of Game Animal carcasses (or any part thereof) from their property and or their possession with the exception of Game animal – Iguanas which must be disposed on or before (midnight) December 31st, 2023.
- Holders of State Game Licences purchased for the 2023-2024 Hunting Season must correctly complete and submit the Mandatory Data Return Forms on or before May 31st, 2024. (Failure to comply may result, on summary conviction of Five Thousand Dollars (TT$5,000.00) per data form).
ALL first-time hunters should present:
- One form of valid government issued identification, namely National Identification Card, Drivers Permit or Passport.
- A recent utility bill (not older than three (3) months with necessary authorization letter should utility bill be on another person’s name) for verification of address.
Permits can be obtained at the following Forestry Division Offices in Trinidad and the Division of Food Security, Natural Resources, the Environment and Sustainable Development sales centres (as directed) in Tobago, Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Except on Public Holidays and Weekends.
|Forestry Office, Damarie Hill, Sangre Grande||225-3728|
|Forestry Office, Long Circular Road, St. James||225- 3875|
|Forestry Office, Pleasantville, San Fernando||225-3777 / 3774 / 3778|
|District Revenue Office, Chaguanas||671-4773|
|Forestry Office, Rio Claro||644-2241 / 630-4395|
|District Revenue Office, Tunapuna||662-2797|
|Scarborough District Revenue Office (Tobago)||665-5869|
|Roxborough District Revenue Office (Tobago) (Monday, Wednesday and Friday ONLY)||660-4379|
– END –