Fishing Vessel/Engine Transfer for commercial vessel fishing within Trinidad and Tobago waters

This facility is available to Registered Vessel Owners. (Valid Fisherman’s Certificate, Certificate of Record for vessel).

How to access this service

All parties (both seller and buyer) are to:

  1. Complete relevant form available from the Fisheries Division;
  2. Be present at the Fisheries Division for the transfer to be effected;

The seller must surrender The Certificate of Record for the vessel.

If the vessel/ engine is being transferred for reasons other than sale, the present owner must submit a letter, Probate of Will etc. to the Director of Fisheries indicating same.




Sign up for updates

Be in the know. Receive email notifications on the activities of the Ministry of Agriculture, Land and Fisheries.

New to our website?

We’ve grouped information on our website under helpful categories to make your experience easier.