State Land Services
SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE STATE LANDS UNITS OF THE REGIONAL ADMINISTRATION NORTH AND SOUTH
State Lands Units are located in Agricultural County offices to facilitate and service farmers producing within a specific County. All State Lands Units hold Public Days every Wednesday from 8:00 am to 4:15 pm to address complaints/ requests from farmers and members of the public.
- The Role of the Regional State Lands Units:-
To manage approximately 17,656 agricultural state land parcels in Trinidad. Each parcel has a corresponding County file with a specific Unique Parcel Reference Number kept at the relevant County office.
- The Objective of the Regional State Lands Units:-
The decentralized Regional State Lands Units ensure that the selection, distribution and management of agricultural state lands are carried out in an efficient and cost effective manner to ensure their productive utilization, consistent with proper environmental and natural resource conservation practices for sustainable development.
- Services provided by the Regional State Lands Units:-
– Regularization (accept applications in preparation for Draft Cabinet Note) *
– Renewal of Standard Agricultural Leases. *
– Transfer of Standard Agricultural Leases. *
– Identify Breaches on Agricultural State Land plots and submit requisitions for Advisory and Quit Notices to the Commissioner of State Lands for action to be taken.
– Provide Tenancy information for Farmers Registration Programme.
– Provide Tenancy information to the Agricultural Development Bank (ADB).
– Process applications for cutting of trees on Agricultural State Lands.
– Process applications for construction of ponds on Agricultural State Lands.
– Survey and subdivide Agricultural State Land Blocks for distribution to farmers under the Public Service Investment Programme (PSIP).
– Make request for outline approval from the Town and Country Planning Division where subdivision is necessary.
– Provide Occupancy Reports to the GIS Unit of the Land Management Division.
– Maintain historical data in the County files as well as update information on the files.
– Manage the File Tracking, Occupancy and Requisition for Notice Databases.
* Applications are submitted to the Land Management Division for further processing
Forms used by the Regional State Land Units in the processing of Applications:-
– Progress Report
– Form A
– Programme of Development
– Project Proposal
Regional State Land Databases used in the Management of Agricultural State Lands:-
– File Tracking
– Occupancy Surveys
– Requisitions for Advisory Notices/ Quit Notices
How to access this service
Services are accessible through the Regional/ County Agricultural Offices: