Export Licences for live ornamental and food fishes
How to access this service
Applicants are required to:
- Collect the prescribed forms from the Trade Licence Unit of the Ministry of Trade and Industry.
- Complete the forms in quadruplicate and submit for consideration.
- If the Division approves the import, the applicant is to submit the approved forms to the Ministry of Trade and Industry for issuance of a trade licence.
- For ornamental species such as goldfish and carp a Minister’s Licence is required and thus written request must be made to the Director of Fisheries for consideration and recommendation for approval where applicable.
- The applicant must inform the Division of his/ her intention to import/export their shipment at least 48 hours before its departure as an officer of the Division must inspect the consignments at the port of entry/departure.
Species must; not be listed as endangered and must meet CITES requirements (where applicable)