EDITOR’S NOTE In this issue, we encourage all of you to start planting at home, with some easy to grow vegetables. We will show you how simple it is to establish and maintain a garden in plot or a pot. There are also inherent advantages - one knows exactly what one is eating; produce is free from pesticides; there is satisfaction that the produce was the product of one’s own hands and from one’s own yard; and one can accumulate significant savings.
Included are some tasty local recipes to try. You will find that eating local is not only healthy, it is also delicious.
Recently, we uploaded twelve (12) ‘how to’ videos on www.youtube.com/agricultureNOW. Take a look at the topics, which include:
- Requirements for Growth of a Plant
- Places to Plant at Home
- Selection and Preparation of Containers
- How to Prepare the Growing Medium
- How to Choose a Good Quality Seedling
- Transplanting and Watering
- Weed Control
- Pest Management
- Planting and Maintenance of Fruit Trees
Click Here to Download Agriculture Now - Newsletter Vol.2 Issue 2 2012 (Adobe PDF 3.30MB)