Welcome to the Forestry Division
The mission of the Forestry Division is to sustainably manage the Nation’s forests to ensure that they are abundant, ecologically healthy, biologically diverse and contribute to the wellbeing of all people and to the national economy in current and future generations.
We are a professional organization of men and women committed to national development and working together to sustainably conserve and enhance our forests which impact every facet of national life and are one of our most valuable resources.
The goal of the Forestry Division is to sustainably manage of the forest resources of Trinidad and Tobago to provide for the social, economic, ecological, cultural and spiritual needs of present and future generations; contribute to the sustainable development of the country; enhance the quality of human life while at the same time protecting biological diversity and ecological processes.
- Sale of timber and other forest produce from forest resources and other state lands.
- Issue of removal permits for the transport of timber from private lands.
- Law enforcement for forests and wildlife offences.
- Issue of wildlife permits.
- Provide technical advice for agencies and members of the public.
- Maintain various national parks throughout our country.
- Library services on forests and forests related topics.
- Education and awareness programs and provide technical assistance upon requests.
- Offer incentive programs and advice to private forestry farmers.
Forestry Division Head Office
Long Circular Road, St. James
Secretary to Conservator of Forests – 225-3868
Secretary to Deputy Conservator of Forests – 225-3861
Receptionist – 225-3865
Balisier Avenue, Pleasantville Secretary to South Coordinator – 225-3756 Receptionist – 225-3774
North West Conservancy
Assistant Conservator of Forests – 225-3802
Receptionist – 225-3807
North Central Conservancy
Assistant Conservator of Forests 643-9595
North East Conservancy
Assistant Conservator of Forests – 225-3720
Secretary – 225-3732
South West Conservancy
Assistant Conservator of Forests -225-3761
Receptionist – 225-3774
South Central Conservancy
Assistant Conservator of Forests – 225-3760
Receptionist – 225-3774
South East Conservancy
Assistant Conservator of Forests – 225-3740
Receptionist – 225-3747
Forestry Information Unit/Library –225-3846
Secretary to Director, Forest Resource Inventory and Management – 225-3856
\ Wildlife Section -225-3837
National Parks Section – 227-3792
Community Forestry – 225-3821
Private Forestry/Incentive Unit – 225-3817